Saturday, 8 August 2015
Hi, I just thought I would share this pot that I upcycled for my Mum. It was an old terracotta pot with a bit of a naff picture of an orange on it. She asked me if I could do something with it, of course I could. I started by painting it with the PaperArtsy fresco finish paints (can't remember the colour), then I stamped these lovely PaperArtsy Lin Brown flowers and leaves in versamark ink and embossed them in lemon and orange embossing powder.
I have just sent my Mum a photo of it and she loves it! Yeah!
Thanks for looking.
I am linking this project to the PaperArtsy blog challenge - Flowers.
This piece was inspired by Lin Browns blog
Which although uses different products, did remind me that I had some lovely Lin Brown stamps that
would look great embossed onto the pot.
Saturday, 1 August 2015
Hello and welcome to this months blog. My Bingo is a line down the middle, which means that I have used, gilding flakes, stamps and dies.
This project was inspired by a piece by my good friend Amanda Branagan, and started out life as a cheap blank kids jigsaw puzzle. First of all I started off by brayering some hills and sky with Adirondak inks, my brayer had been used for acrylics and not washed so it gave quite a nice texture.
Next I used a mask and some yellow Fresco paint to put in a sun. I used the funky house and gate which I masked off and then stamped the funky trees and fence.
Next came the gilding flakes, which I love, but always end up getting everywhere but on the project. After much huffing and puffing I got it where it needed to be.
I coloured the picture in with distress markers and wink of Stella pens to add some sparkle.
I don't have that many dies, but i like this one, which is a MFT die with three different types of tatty labels. I used my alphabet rotary stamp to add the stamped sentiment on the piece.
I hope you like it and will join in with the Clarity Challenge this month.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.